The CHSWG connects everyone involved in hearing services for children and young people. We want every family to have access to high quality, collaborative services that focus on their individual needs.
As well as parents and carers, the group has representatives from Audiology, Speech and Language Therapy, Teachers of the Deaf, Newborn Hearing Screening, ENT / Audiovestibular medicine, NDCS, and local schools for deaf children.
There are three virtual meetings a year, usually on Tuesday morning on Zoom. The next meetings are:
- 8th March, 2022: 9:30–11:30
- 21st June, 2022: 9:30–11:30
Between meetings smaller working groups explore specific topics in depth and can make a real difference.
Share your views
The professionals supporting our children want our feedback. Feedback helps them understand individual needs, what’s working, and what can be improved.
To share your thoughts, please speak to one of your parent and carer representatives:
They are here to represent you and your children. But to do this they need to hear from you! Add your email and they’ll let you know about the important things discussed at the meetings. They’ll also use this list to reach out if we need your feedback.
There is a 2022 goal to connect with more parents, carers, and young people. This could include:
- Sending a group email with key points from each meeting
- Hosting an open Zoom call before each meeting to hear thoughts or concerns
- Creating opportunities to provide feedback on specific issues
- Inviting children and young people to raise the issues that are important to them
If you’re interested in any of the above or have other ideas, please fill out and send this quick email.
Finally, maybe you want to be a parent and carer representative yourself? If so, please email the CHSWG chair: Chloe Khan, Advisory ToD (Sensory Support).
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG minutes 10.10.17
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG minutes and service updates 28.2.17
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG Minutes 09.02.16
- Haringey & Enfield CHSWG Minutes 24 02 15
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG minutes 14 10 14
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG Minutes 24 06 14
- Haringey and Enfield CHSWG minutes 05 03 14.